Traditional Backing Tracks
Traditional songs & old time songs. Greensleeves, Amazing Graze, traditional arrangements, folk songs…
‘Knees up Mother Brown’….when your’e in full swing you can ‘roll out the barrel’!
Traditional & Old time Music
- Songs sung over many generations often existing in several versions.
- Traditional and typically anonymous music that is an expression of the life of people in a community.
- Often sung & danced in strong cultural regions from grandparent to child. This ensures the songs are not lost and their identity is kept strong.
- Traditional folk songs can over 200 years old in various trad. arrangements
- Often old songs are reflected by wartime, Music halls & nostalgia.
- Hymns and other forms of music are often of unknown origin and traditional.
- Old time songs in the UK are often 19 century, Cockney pub songs are a good example. Old time songs in the Americas are folk, bluegrass, country & gospel songs.
- Nursery rhymes include a lot of traditional songs too!
Popular Traditional Songs are
- All the nice girls love a sailor
- Danny Boy
- Keep the home fires burning
- Early one morning
- John Peel
- Auld Lang Syne
- Pack up your troubles
- All around my hat
- Twinkle twinkle little star
- Amazing Graze
- Skye Boat Song
- Red is the Rose
- Rule Brittania
- Go tell it on the Mountain
- The Girl From Ipanema
- Michael Row the Boat Ashore
- Waltzing Matilda
- Click Go the Shears