Sound Of Music Backing Tracks – Do Re Mi, Edelweiss, My Favourite Things, Climb Every Mountain, Sound Of Music, So Long Farewell,
The Sound Of Music is a tuneful, heartwarming story, it is based on the real life story of the Von Trapp Family singers. Originally composed by Richard Rodgers with lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein and produced for the stage.
In 1965 the movie version was produced, starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer and is one of the highest grossing musical films of all time.
Listen Song Title Artist Genre BV Price Buy
It is set in Salzburg, Austria in the 1930’s.
Georg, Captain von Trapp, is widowed leaving him to find a governess to educate his children. He seeks help from the Mother Abbess of Nonnberg Abbey, who recommends a young postulant nun called Maria.
Maria is concerned at leaving the abbey to take up this position, but after meeting the seven children, she grows to like them and teaches them to sing and play – something that has been absent in their lives since their mother died.
The Captain is engaged to a Baroness, who is more interested in parties and the social life in Vienna, than befriending the Captain’s children. A party is held and the Captain and Maria end up dancing together. Maria realizes she has feelings for him, so returns to the Abbey. The von Trapp children are very upset at losing the one governess they love. Maria is also in turmoil, and seeks advice from the Mother Abbess.
Maria returns to the von Trapp household, where the Captain tells her that the wedding between him and the baroness has been called off. He admits that he has always loved Maria. They marry and leave for their honeymoon.
Whilst away, Max, a friend of the Captain, encourages the children to sing in a concert. Georg and Maria return to find that Austria is being taken over by The Nazis. Unhappy with the prospect of living under the Nazi regime and the Captain having to serve in Hitler’s forces, the von Trapp family decide to leave Austria. The family plan to escape immediately after the concert, and are pursued by the Nazis. They hide in the Abbey, and with the help of the nuns, escape to freedom over the mountains.
Sound Of Music Backing Tracks –
- Preludium (Morning Hymn, Angelus Bells, Alleluia) – The Nuns of Nonnberg Abbey
- The Sound of Music – Maria
- Maria – Sisters Berthe, Sophia, Margaretta and Mother Abbess
- My Favorite Things – Maria and Mother Abbess
- My Favorite Things (Reprise) – Maria
- Do-Re-Mi – Maria and the Von Trapp Children
- Sixteen Going on Seventeen – Rolf and Liesl
- The Lonely Goatherd – Maria and the Children
- The Lonely Goatherd (Reprise)
- How Can Love Survive? – Max, Elsa and Capt. Von Trapp
- The Sound of Music (Reprise) – The Children and Capt. Von Trapp
- So Long, Farewell – The Children and Capt. Von Trapp
- Morning Hymm – The Nuns
- Climb Ev’ry Mountain – Mother Abbess and the Nuns
- My Favorite Things (Reprise) – The Children and Maria
- No Way to Stop It – Elsa, Max and Capt. Von Trapp
- An Ordinary Couple – Maria and Capt. Von Trapp
- Gaudeamus Domino – The Nuns
- Maria (Reprise) – The Nuns
- Confitemini Domino – The Nuns
- Sixteen Going on Seventeen (Reprise) – Maria and Liesl
- Do-Re-Mi (Reprise) – Maria, Capt. Von Trapp and the Children
- Edelweiss – Capt. Von Trapp, Maria and the Children
- So Long, Farewell (Reprise) – Maria, the Children and Capt. Von Trapp
- Finale Ultimo – The Company