Pop Music backing tracks
Sing along to your favourite song…. discover some great artists……..
- Music of mass appeal, especially among young people.
- Originated as a distinctive genre in the 1950s.
- It is generally characterised by a strong rhythmic beat and the use of electrical amplification
- Romantic, but not overly sentimental.
- With dance and rhythm at its heart, pop music has dominated a lot of world music over the past 50 years.
- Often includes a danceable tempo, easy to remember lyrics, and simple notation
- Great Pop artist include Abba, Madonna, Michael Jackson and of course our own Bucks Fizz & Steps!
- Think of Eurovision? You have Pop Music….
Tips & Vocal Exercises for Pop Singers
- Learn how to control your vibrato without tension.
- Experiment with different vocal sounds, like short, popping sounds and fast runs.
- Focus on improving your movement on stage and take dance lessons, if necessary.