Moody Blues (The) are an English rock band formed in Birmingham in 1964. They first came to prominence playing rhythm and blues music, but their second album, Days of Future Passed, which was released in 1967, was a fusion of rock with classical music and established them as pioneers in the development of art rock and progressive rock. It has been described as a “landmark” and “one of the first successful concept albums”.
The Moody Blues became known internationally with songs including “Go Now”, “Nights in White Satin”, “Tuesday Afternoon”, and “Question”. They have been awarded 18 platinum and gold LPs. They have sold 70 million albums worldwide. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2018.
Listen Song Title Artist Genre BV Price Buy
Moody Blues Backing Tracks – Go Now … I’m Just A Singer In A Rock & Roll Band … Nights In White Satin … Question … Tuesday Afternoon …
- Justin Hayward – guitar, vocals (1966-present)
- John Lodge – bass, guitar, vocals (1966-present)
- Graeme Edge – drums, percussion, vocals (1964-present)
- Former members
- Ray Thomas – vocals, flute, percussion, harmonica (1964-2002; died 2018)
- Mike Pinder – keyboards, vocals (1964-1978)
- Denny Laine – guitar, vocals (1964-1966)
- Clint Warwick – bass, vocals (1964-1966; died 2004)
- Rodney Clark – bass, vocals (1966)
- Patrick Moraz – keyboards (1978-1990)